About This Section
The development of molecular diagnostic kits and qPCR kits for disease diagnosis is carried out through a collaborative effort between students, professionals, entrepreneurs and scientists on a voluntary basis.
At ViroDet we believe in the importance of sharing knowledge, documenting, disseminating and ensuring that it is accessible to all levels of society. That is why ViroDet is an Open Science project. In this section you will be able to know the scientific background of the project and progress, through updates.
We are currently working on the validation stage of our enzymes for the RT-qPCR kits. The work consists of testing them with real RNA samples from SARS-CoV-2 positive people. We do this in allied research laboratories that have biosafety facilities.
We have organized our initiative in strategic stages.
Goal: testing our kits in the development stage on 100 volunteers.
- All necessary enzymes for RT-qPCR assays are available.
- Currently, the functioning of the enzymes that will be part of the kit is being validated by Dr. Cesar Cardona.
- Open qPCR team development. Coming soon.
Collaboration with Laboratories
Goal: send the kit to 10 Mexican laboratories for validation.
Goal: Submission the test to evaluation by InDRE and COFEPRIS.
- We are still looking for allied consultants in the area of regulatory aspects.
Final test pilot production.
Goal: Development of 1,000 tests for detection of COVID-19
- We seek alliances with assembly and manufacturing companies
Goal: Documenting and registering the test under the OpenSource license.
- Release of Open Source section for kit development.